Thursday 22 November 2012

The file exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070050) ERROR


The file exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070050) ERROR

.
Recently a guy from our 3rd line team thought it would be funny to delete my account from AD. This has now been re-added. Everything is back to normal apart from my Access to Sharepoint sites. I am getting The file exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070050)Error on all sites.
After some googleing I came across a guy with the same issue and it was an issue with the SID being different from my old account. Since this I deleted my account from Site Administrators and re-added. This would refresh the SID with the new one. I also check on the Content database that the site ID matched using the following transactions and the SIDs match.

select s.Id, w.FullUrl from Sites s inner join Webs w on 
s.RootWebId = w.Id 
 
select * from UserInfo where tp_Login='domain\username' and 
tp_SiteID='<ID Code>' 
I am now a bit clueless

Solution: 

delete user using spadm command or directly from SP: Actions -> web site settings-> users and permissions -> advance permissions
and delete user info from UserInfo table in SP content db.
delete from UserInfo where tp_Login= 'domain\login'
then
create account again using standard SP actions or just login to portal using this account.

No comments:

Post a Comment